World Affairs Councils of America
“WACA’s KNOW NOW conference call”
When: August 13, at 2:00-2:30 pm ET
Speaker: Dr. Dean C. Alexander, Western Illinois University
Topic: Family Terror Networks
Register now for WACA’s KNOW NOW conference call, featuring Dean C. Alexander, Director of the Homeland Security Research Program and Professor at the School of Law Enforcement and Justice Administration at Western Illinois University.
Family affiliated terrorism, from the role of patriarchs to ISIS brides, poses significant and long-lasting security threats to the international community. Author of several books on the subject, Professor Alexander is an expert on the issues surrounding global terrorism and the ways to combat these threats both foreign and domestic.
Join WACA for a conversation with Prof. Alexander and former Peoria WAC President and WACA National Board Member Don Samford about the implications of family terror networks and countering international political violence.
World Affairs Council of Greater Hampton Roads
Saturday, September 21 , 2019
H.E. JOSE MANUEL G. ROMUALDEZ
Ambassador of the Republic of the Philippines to the United States of America
In partnership with the Philippine-American Chamber of Commerce
October 28/29, 2019
Delegation from the South Korean embassy and Korean Economic Institute
For nearly three decades, the WACA National Conference has brought World Affairs Council leaders and members to engage with top government officials, diplomats, business executives, innovators, journalists, educators, and students on the most pressing global issues and policy choices that impact our lives.
By attending this year’s WACA Conference in Washington, DC, you will benefit from:
• Expert opinions, timely insights, and audience dialogue about the United States’ role in the world
• Access to extraordinary speakers, thought leaders, and ambassadors available for local Council programming
• Bipartisan, diverse, and inclusive perspectives on the Administration’s “America First” philosophy
• Visits to think tanks and embassies, networking receptions, and dinners
• Professional development, leadership training, mentoring, and peer-to-peer networking